Portimonense v Rio Ave – Estádio Municipal de Portimão at 18:00 (UTC/GMT)
Portimonense will be hosting Rio Ave at Portimão, hoping to frustrate what is impending to be a three-game losing streak in the Primeira Liga.
The hosts had just been beaten by Santa Clara last Sunday, scoring 2-1. Prior to that, they also fell to Chaves 0-1 later in the previous month. They have been excellent though in their 1-1 draw with Braga and this will be something that would boost their confidence on Saturday.
Last August, Portimonense faced Rio Ave at Taca de portugal Placard, but lost 0-2.
Rio Ave, on the other hand, are unbeaten in their last four games in the Portuguese top-tier and they will be expecting to extent this unbeaten streak on Saturday.
Last week, Rio Ave shared a 2-2 draw with Tondela. They also have draws with Feirense 0-0 and Vitoria Setubal 1-1. They beat Maritimo last week though 0-2.
In the Cup of Portugal, Vilacondenses beat Torreense 1-5 and Silves FC 7-0, but they fell to Sporting CP 5-2.
– Portimonense midfielder Dener obtained a muscle injury within the week and is expected to be sidelined for the meantime.
– Vilacondenses’ Afonso Figueiredo is currently under suspension after publishing an offensive tweet and thus will not be featured here.
– Center-back Jadson is on red card suspension and will not play until 11th February.
– Filipe Augusto, who was signed up last week to Rio Ave, will likely replace João Schmidt, who just left for Nagoya Grampus.
– Portimonense center-forward ended a six match goal drought when he scored against Santa Clara and is expected to be boosted on Saturday.
– Diego Lopes came back from a one-game suspension and will most likely make up the starting XI for Rio Ave.
– Portimonense left-winger Shoya Nakajima will also be absent in the match after suffering from a calf injury.
PROBABLE FORMATION AND STARTING XI
Ricardo Ferreira, Guilherme Lazaroni, Lucas Possignolo, Rúben Fernandes, Vitor Tormena, Lucas Fernandes, Pedro Sá, Paulinho (Paulo Henrique Soares dos Santos), Tabata, Jackson Martínez, Wellington
Rio Ave: 4-2-3-1
Bruno Moreira, Fábio Coentrão, Diego Lopes, Wenderson Galeno, Nikola Jambor, Filipe Augusto, Nadjack, Nélson Monte, Jonathan Buatu, Matheus Reis, Leo Jardim
Jackson Martinez is the higher scorer of Portimonense in the current season with five goals out of his 16 appearances. He already scored five goals and two assists in the current Liga NOS season so far.
Wellington plays as right winger for the Saturday hosts with three goals already made out of his 16 appearances in the current season. All those three goals were made in his 14 appearances in his Primeira Liga plays.
Bruno Moreira plays as center-forward for the Rioavistas. He already appeared 23 times and scored five goals. He appeared 16 times in the Portuguese top-tier and made 4 goals and 2 assists. He also played once so far in the Taca de Portugal Placard from which he scored a goal.
Diego Lopes is one of Rio Ave’s best midfielder after appearing 18 times in the current season and scoring four goals in the way. Out of 12 appearances in the Liga NOS, he made two goals and two assists. He also kicked two goals and an assist out of his three plays for the Cup of Portugal.
Portimonense 1-1 Rio Ave
Rio Ave have been excellent in the league leately, holding draws to avoid defeats. Portimonense, on the other hand, have won in five of their last matches with the guests. The hosts are eighth in the Primeira Liga table, while the guests are ninth. Considering their close places in the league standings, the likelihood of the Saturday match concluding in a draw will be high.
MATCH BETTING ODDS*Prices are correct at the time of writing
Don’t miss the chance to place stakes on this Primeira Liga match with the best odds on VOdds! Follow Eastbridge betting brokerage for more exciting sports features and previews!