BURNLEY FC V NEWCASTLE UNITED – TURF MOOR AT 20:00 (UTC/GMT)
Newcastle will travel to Burnley on Monday, looking forward for a third consecutive win for the season. They have managed to move up to the 16th place in the Premier League table after scoring a 2-1 win over Bournemouth back in St. James’ Park. It will definitely be a pretty warm comeback after the two-week international break.
Burnley is still winless in its last five games, with 2-D and 3-L. Newcastle, on the other hand, is in a good pace of recovery after their 1-0 win over Watford and 2-1 win against Bournemouth. At the start of the Premier League season, people are expecting Newcastle to continue its downward spiral until the end, but the team is now taking a new turn, while Burnley remains winless from start up to this day.
– Salomon Rondon netted an impressive brace for Newcastle United as they claimed consecutive Premier League wins for the first time since April.
– Burnley shared a 0-0 draw with Leicester City at the King Power stadium on Saturday
– Newcastle United finally got their season up and running by beating Watford 1-0 at to record their first Premier League win of the season.
– Two goals from Felipe Anderson helped secure West Ham United their first win in four matches as they held off a spirited Burnley.
– Champions Manchester City took over sole control at the top of the Premier League table with an easy 5-0 win over Burnley.
– Tarkowsky will miss Burnley’s match with Newcastle due to hernia.
PROBABLE FORMATION AND STARTING XI
Burnley FC: 4-4-2
Nick Pope, Ben Mee, James Tarkowski, Stephen Ward, Matthew Lowton, Jack Cork, Steven Defour, Robbie Brady, Johann Gudmundsson, Ashley Barnes, Jeff Hendrick
Newcastle United: 4-4-1-1
Robert Elliot, Florian Lejeune, Jamaal Lascelles, Javier Manquillo, DeAndre Yedlin, Ayoze Pérez, Mohamed Diamé, Jonjo Shelvey, Joselu, Christian Atsu, Matt Ritchie
KEY PLAYERS: TOP SCORERS
Sam Vokes is Burnley’s top player as of the moment since most of its top strikers are injured. He currently has a fairly good Premier League record of 16 goals and 4 assists across 105 appearances. He was also crucial in the team’s performance back in the 2016-17 season, netting 10 goals throughout.
Martin Dubravka is Newcastle’s goalkeeper who has an excellent record of 20 saves and eight clean sheets. One of his notable saves was when he blocked Anthony Martial’s net attempt that was proven crucial for Newcastle win over Man United last February this year.
Salomón Rondón is the team’s top weapon at the moment. The forward currently holds a league record of 26 goals and 8 assists across 115 appearances. He was one of Newcastle’s important players, scoring a total of seven goals during the last season, and has already made 2 goals in the commencement of the new season.
Burnley v Newcastle: 1-2
Although they started the new season in bad shape, Newcastle already obtained two wins, while Burnley remain winless. Tarkowsky could be one of Burnley’s hopes for this match, but he is currently out due to hernia. Defour and Gudmundsson are also injured, and it is doubtful that they will return to action any time soon. They could stand a match with Newcastle as they still have scoring players like Vokes, but the absence of best weapons would definitely weaken Burnley’s game. Newcastle, on the other hand, still have the likes of Dubravka and Rondon.
MATCH BETTING ODDS*Prices are correct at the time of writing