Athletic Bilbao v SD Huesca – San Mamés at 19:45 (UTC/GMT)
HD Huesca will have their trip to Bilbao on Wednesday to face Athletic Bilbao at the San Mamés. Copa del Rey, being the crossroad of various Spanish cup competitions La Liga, La Liga 2, Segunda Division B, and Tercera Division, the two teams try to perform their best in this year’s fresh start opportunity.
Both teams are in bad shape. Bilbao is winless in their last five games, and so is Huesca. The Basque team shared a draw with Getafe last 25th of November in La Liga, and their last two matches before that are loses to Espanyol and Atletico Madrid. Bilbao spent the last days of October with draws to Rayo Vallecano and Valencia.
Huesca is almost in the same form. Like Bilbao, their last match in Spain’s Primera División is a draw they shared with Levante. Last October, they lost to Espanyol and Sevilla subsequently. They shared a draw with Getafe after that, then a lost to Alavés.
– Athletic Bilbao lost as Atletico Madrid twice came from behind to pull off a thrilling 3-2 win at home.
– First-half goals from Antoine Griezmann, Thomas Partey and Koke helped a resurgent Atletico Madrid secure a 3-0 home victory over Huesca.
– Athletic Bilbao lost to real Sociedad in an edgy derby, thanks to two converted penalties.
– Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez scored twice each as La Liga champions Barcelona turned on the style to hammer Huesca 8-2.
– Athletic Bilbao humiliates Barcelona with a 1-1 shared draw, while Messi benched.
– Huesca were promoted to La Liga for the first time, now they face Barcelona with a budget smaller than Lionel Messi’s salary and a brave attitude.
PROBABLE FORMATION & STARTING XI
Athletic Bilbao: 4-2-3-1
Iago Herrerín, Óscar de Marcos, Unai Núnez, Iñigo Martínez, Mikel Balenziaga, Mikel San José, Beñat, Markel Susaeta, Raul García, Iker Muniain, Iñaki Williams
SD Huesca: 4-2-3-1
Aleksandar Jovanovic, Jorge Miramón Santagertrudis, Jorge Pulido, Xabier Etxeita, Carlos Akapo, Damián Musto, Moises Gomez, Alejandro Gallar Falguera, Cristian Rivera, David Ferreiro, Juan Camilo Hernandez
Raúl García will be another important player for the club. Acting as midfielder, he netted a total of ten goals and an assist across 34 appearances last La Liga season.
Xabier Etxeita has recently helped Huesca come ahead of La Liga once again in the tables of the new season. Etxeita is irreplaceable for Huesca at the moment. Across 9 appearances at the start of the 2018-19 season, this defender already scored two goals for the team.
Athletic Bilbao v SD Huesca: 1-1
It is most likely that the match between the Athletic Bilbao and SD Huesca would result in a goalless draw or both of the teams would net at least one goal, as the two shares an almost identical form in recent tables. Another factor of an impending draw is the teams’ virtually identical strength in terms of their probable starting XI. The outcome that one of them might dominate another is not a distant impossibility though. However, based on the recent head-to-head tables, a draw is the safest answer to the question of how the match would conclude.
MATCH BETTING ODDS*Prices are correct at the time of writing.
Stay connected with Eastbridge bet brokerage for more betting odds of the most awaited football matches. You can also check out our partner sports trading platform to have access to the best odds and prices for your football, tennis, and other sports bets!